This Indigenous Reconciliation Awareness online training course is designed for Human Resources and business managers, and recruitment employees. Through this course, all employees can begin to increase their awareness about the history of Indigenous people in Canada and how it has impacted generations of people. One of the many impacts includes access to and the sustainability of employment. By being aware of these issues, employees can make concerted efforts to support reconciliation toward Indigenous people at the workplace.
This Indigenous Reconciliation Awareness online training course explores the need for reconciliation between the Indigenous and non-indigenous people of Canada.
Establishing and maintaining a mutually respectful relationship between the Indigenous and non-indigenous people of Canada has been a nationwide goal for nearly two decades. The government and the non-indigenous people of Canada, in conjunction with Indigenous individuals and organizations, have been taking action to restore and reconcile what was lost.
Through this course, all employees in an organization can begin to improve their awareness of Indigenous history and culture, and subsequently improve the employment experience for Indigenous individuals.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Indigenous Reconciliation Awareness course, the user will learn to:
- Identify the Indigenous Peoples of Canada
- Describe key historical events that lead to the disenfranchisement of Indigenous people
- Recognize the present-day impact of the disenfranchisement of Indigenous people
- Identify the role and purpose of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada
- Identify international and Canadian laws and legislations implemented to reconcile Indigenous Peoples
- Explain the transformations that have taken place in the justice system to further reconciliation
- Identify the barriers to the employment of Indigenous Peoples
- Recognize the need to fully include Indigenous Peoples in the workplace
This online Indigenous Reconciliation Awareness course is made up of the following sections:
- Truth and Reconciliation
- Legislative Changes to Implement Reconciliation
- Indigenous Peoples’ Employment
This Indigenous Reconciliation Awareness online training course was designed for Human Resources and business managers, and recruitment employees.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.