This Introduction to Privacy [Canada] online training course is designed for consultants and employees like privacy officers and those responsible for implementing privacy programs in organizations, managers, and business owners. At the end of this course, you will not only be aware of key compliance requirements with respect to privacy, but you will also have a clear understanding of how to begin implementing a privacy program within your organization.
This Introduction to Privacy [Canada] online training course explores compliance with the Federal privacy legislation in Canada. It begins by exploring key privacy concepts and concerns and concludes with practical guidance on how to use privacy principles to implement an effective privacy program.
Course Learning Objectives
On completion of this Introduction to Privacy [CAN] course, the user will learn to:
- Recognize privacy definitions, key underlying concepts, and key concerns
- Identify the role of organizations with respect to privacy
- Describe the source, nature, purpose, scope, impact, and enforcement of PIPEDA
- Discuss the requirements and impact of PIPEDA on organizations
- Identify the ten privacy components contained in the AICPA/CICA Privacy Framework
- Explain the role that privacy policies and communications play in the context of the ten privacy components
- Describe procedures and controls necessary to create and maintain an effective privacy program
- Explain the relationship of the privacy principles in PIPEDA to the Privacy Framework
- Identify exceptions in the PIPEDA legislation to the knowledge and consent requirement
- Describe suitable criteria for assessing an organization's performance concerning privacy, and practical illustrative examples of privacy matters
- Identify the requirements to prepare privacy policies and procedures and appoint a team to plan and make changes to a privacy program
- Recognize the extent of monitoring required for managing the implementation of a privacy program
- Assess where your organization is in comparison to the four stages of maturity of a privacy program
This online Introduction to Privacy [Canada] course is made up of the following sections:
- Privacy Concepts, Concerns, and Compliance
- Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA)
- Ten Components of Privacy
- Overview of the AICPA/CICA Framework
- Introducing a Privacy Program
- Five Immediate Steps
This Introduction to Privacy [Canada] online training course was designed for consultants and employees like privacy officers and those responsible for implementing privacy programs in organizations, managers, and business owners.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.