This Primer on Privacy [Canada] online training course is designed for all employees who deal with personal information. As concerns around the distribution and handling of personal data continue to grow rapidly, employees who oversee such data and functions need to equip themselves with knowledge that will safeguard that information as well as their organization. After completing this course, you will be able to identify compliance requirements on an organizational- and employee-level and adhere to them.
This Primer on Privacy [Canada] online training course explores the growing concerns around privacy and how to address them in keeping with legislations like PIPEDA and GDPR.
Personal data is collected and stored continuously, making privacy a major concern. Being able to protect the privacy of its employees, clients, contractors, and contracts protects the reputation of its organization. It is important to recognize that while data can be stored physically and digitally, human beings oversee any data protection initiative. Therefore, it is important for employees in such positions to know which requirements and standards to comply to and how. Accountability in this matter helps preserve the reputation of their companies in the market.
Course Learning Objectives:
By taking this online Primer on Privacy [Canada] course, the user will learn:
- Discuss privacy definitions and key underlying concepts.
- Identify key concerns about misuse of personal information.
- Describe the purpose and scope of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
- Explain the role of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada.
- Outline the implications of PIPEDA for organizations.
- Discuss the responsibilities of employees in meeting their organization's privacy commitments.
- Explain the impact of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on organizations that collect and process personal information of individuals within the European Union.
This online Primer on Privacy [Canada] course is made up of the following sections:
- What is Privacy?
- Privacy Concerns
- Protecting Privacy
- Responsibilities of Organizations
- Responsibilities of Employees
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR
This Primer on Privacy [Canada] online training course was designed for all employees who deal with personal information.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.